The conference is an open scientific event dedicated to the celebration of 90 years of activity in forestry research of the „Marin Drăcea” National Institute for Research and Development in Forestry. It comes as an opportunity for the forest scientific community to emphasize the potential and socio-economic value of forests under climate change, air pollution and other societal challenges’ effects. The spotlight will be placed on forests’ contribution in assuring human livelihood, health, well-being and quality of life.
The scientific community’s role in policy-making and forestry industry has to be increased in order to highlight the changing relationship between forests and society, manifested through ecosystems services flows.
This scientific event will cover a large range of topics, including:
- climate-smart, sustainable forest management adapted to the socio-economic system
- effects of climate change, air pollution and other stressors on forest ecosystems
- protection, conservation and enhancement of functions and services of forest ecosystems
- genetics and trees breeding
- wildlife conservation and management
- applied remote sensing technologies for forestry
The deadline for paper submission for the 90th “Marin Drăcea” INCDS Anniversary International Scientific Conference “Forest science for people and societal challenges” has been extended to 2nd June.
New deadlines and other details can be found on the Conference Website below.